|Mike Candrea and Southwest Camps 31st Annual Summer Softball 2-Day Camp
Join Coach Mike Candrea and his University of Arizona staff for a 2 day Day Camp designed to improve all aspects of your game. Instruction will focus on Hitting, Pitching, Catching, Infield and Outfield Defense. All camp activities take place on the University of Arizona campus and the beautiful Hillenbrand Softball Stadium, home of 8 NCAA National Championships. Demonstrations will be provided by current University of Arizona players along with former All Americans and Olympians. Current and former collegiate coaches from around the country make up this incredible staff.
Improve your softball skills, while learning from the nationís best!! Each camper will receive one session of hitting each day coupled with 2- sessions in the defensive positions of their choice. Registration for this camp is limited, so please make sure you act quickly to reserve your spot. Players in 4th thru 8th grade are eligible to participate in Southwest Camps 31st Annual Summer Day Camp.
Dates, Times, and Information- June 10 and June 11, 2018
Check In - June 10th- 5:45-6:15pm Camp Session runs from 6:15-9:45pm.-Check In June 11th 8:15-8:30am Camp Session runs from 8:30-11:30am. Please have your camper eat before she arrives at check in. If your daughter has to depart camp early to get to a weekend tournament, please inform the camp staff at check in
Refunds minus $100 processing fee given before June 1, 2018
No refunds after June 2, 2018
Camp will be limited to the first 58 players that sign up.
Hillenbrand Softball Stadium
1700 E. 2nd St.
Tucson, AZ 85721
Important Camp Information
- All players need to bring a Glove, Batting Gloves, Helmet, Bat, Cleats, Water Bottle, hat or visor, and catching gear (if applicable) and Sunscreen to camp each day. You need to wear tennis shoes or turf shoes when you are in the batting cage.
- A Hat or Visor is mandatory to be worn at each practice.
- Please mark the campers name in her items brought to camp in case something gets lost.
- All campers will receive a t-shirt and have the opportunity to get a photograph with the U of A coaches and players
- This is not an official function of the University of Arizona. Camps are open to all entrants, limited only by age
Frequently Asked Questions?
Will Coach Candrea be present at camp?
Yes, Coach Candrea works all sessions of camp. The current U of A softball staff is also present each day of camp.
Do Pitchers need to provide their own catchers?
No, Southwest Camps provides catchers for the pitchers in our clinics to throw to.
Can parents watch the camp sessions?
Yes, parents are allowed to view all sessions, we just ask that parents stay in the bleachers at the stadium.
Can parents videotape the sessions?
Yes, parents can videotape a session, but they will need to stay behind the fences to do so. Please only videotape your daughter and not the clinicians
Will there be Arizona Softball clothing available for purchase?
Yes, we will have a large selection of shorts, sweat pants, sweat shirts, and t-shirts available for purchase at check in and check out. There will also be one designated evening where day campers can stop by the residence hall and purchase clothing.
What do I put down if my daughter plays multiple positions?
Please select ALL of the positions that your daughter would like to work on during camp. She will have the opportunity to work on each and every position she lists on the registration form.
Will more paperwork be sent to me?
Yes, approximately 3 weeks before the start of camp, you will be emailed the Medical Release that will need to be completed, SIGNED and returned so your daughter can participate at camp. Exact address for camp and directions will also be sent at that time.
Do you accept walk up registrations at camp?
No, we cannot accept walk up registrations at our Summer Camps
- Airport transportation can be arranged thru Arizona Stagecoach at www.azstagecoach.com (520) 889-1000 or any other shuttle service that you prefer. Campers flying into Tucson should arrive into Tucson International Airport no earlier than no later than 4:00pm on Thursday, June 15. Campers should schedule their departing flights out of Tucson between 2:00-5:00pm on Friday, June 16 and should make those arrangements through Arizona Stagecoach or any other shuttle service you choose. Please forward all Airport Shuttle information to Tina at firstname.lastname@example.org when it becomes available.
Hotels in the Area
- Residence Inn by Marriott: 2660 E. Medina Rd, Tucson AZ 85756 (520)-294-5522
- Aloft Tucson University Hotel: 1900 E Speedway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85719 (520) 908-6800
- Radisson Suites Tucson: 6555 E. Speedway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85710 (520)-721-7100
|PLEASE NOTE: The process to register for this camp has two(2) parts. The Athlete information and Medical Release form AND payment. The forms and the payment made on the next pages are sent together to the camp office. Without completing BOTH form and payment your reservation for the camp will not be received.
Space is limited. Click the button below to start the Registration.