|Mike Candrea and Southwest Camps 3nd Annual Elite Softball Camp
Mike Candrea and Southwest Camps are pleased to present the 3rd Annual Elite Summer Softball Camp held in beautiful Tucson Arizona June 17-21, 2012. This high intensity camp will offer you and other talented athletes the chance to prepare, practice and compete at a high level of competition. A maximum of 78 high school aged girls will be broken up into 6 teams of 13 players each and put through workouts and competitive situations similar to collegiate practices and games. Team defense, team offense, mental enhancement, conditioning and agility, weight room information, and specific position play will be discussed and worked on during this 5 day camp. Serious softball players will enjoy the opportunity to compete with and against others who aspire to play at the collegiate level. This camp will be intensive in nature and challenging to each and every player. We have currently allowing players graduating from high school in 2016 to enroll in our Elite Camp on a player by player basis. Please contact Lisa Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your 2016 players eligibility for the Elite Camp.
The Elite Camp will hold the following number of spots per position. The softball position breakdown is 18 pitchers, 6 catchers, 6 first basemen, 6 second basemen, 6 shortstops, 6 third basemen, 18 outfielders, and 12 utility players. Once a position is full, a staff member will call and ask for your second position choice. Because the camp is limited to 78 athletes, reserve your spot early.
The Elite camp will only be offered in the overnight setting with all residents being housed 2 to a room on the University of Arizona campus. All meals are provided in the cost of the camp. The cost for this camp will be $725 and includes camp t-shirts and emergency medical insurance.
Camp check in will be at from 5:45-6:45pm on June 17th and camp check out will be on Thursday June 21st between 10:30 and 11:45am. We will do an evening session on Sunday night and if you have any game conflicts, we will work with you and your teammates to accommodate your needs. Camp staff will act as chaperones during the overnight hours and will employ a 10:1 ratio during the night. Campers will follow a typical softball schedule that has us working out 3 times a day. A typical day will look something like this: Breakfast-8:30-9:15, morning workout-9:30-12:30, lunch 12:30-1:45, afternoon workout-2:00-4:30, dinner 4:30-6:00, evening workout 6:45-10:00. Dedicated softball players will love this schedule and the intensity of each day.
It is the goal of Mike Candrea and Southwest Softball Camps and Clinics to combine talented student-athletes that are graduating from High School in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 with other players from around the United States with a dedicated staff to ensure an excellent camp experience. We hope to see you and your friends this summer. We will limit this camp to 78 athletes, so reserve your spot now with a $725.00 payment by June 1st.
Mike Candrea and Southwest Camps 3rd Annual Elite Summer Softball Camp General Information
- Camp Location: Hillenbrand Stadium, University of Arizona
- Camp Dates: Sunday June 17th thru Thursday, June 21st, 2012
- Camp Fee: $725.00 Overnight Camper (Payment must be made in full upon registration)
- Camp Check In:
- Sunday, June 17th 5:45-6:45pm-Overnight Campers—EAT before you check in please
- Camp Check Out:
- Thursday June 21st 10:30-11:45am
- Things to bring: Glove, Bat, Helmet, Catcher’s Gear, Cleats, Water Bottle or Water Cooler, Softball Clothes, Visor or Hat are MANDATORY at practice, swimsuit and towel, Shorts, Tennis Shoes, T-shirts, Sliding Pads/Softball Pants, a hand towel that you can dip in cold water at the field to cool yourself off, and money for the camp store. Campers are asked to NOT wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts. Campers will need to bring personal toiletries, towels, flip flops and bedding. You can bring a sleeping bag and pillow or sheets and a blanket. Dorm beds do not come with linens. All rooms are air conditioned and have a mini fridge.
- Hotel in the Area:
- Reid Park Doubletree Hotel: 445 S. Alvernon Way, Tucson, AZ 85711 www.dtreidpark.com
- Residence Inn by Marriott: 2660 E. Medina Rd, Tucson AZ 85756 520-294-5522
- Airport Transportation: Airport transportation can be arranged thru Arizona Stagecoach at www.azstagecoach.com (520) 889-1000 or any other shuttle service that you prefer. Campers flying into Tucson should arrive into Tucson International Airport no earlier than 4:00pm and no later than 10:00pm on Sunday, June 17.
Campers flying in before 4:00pm will need to find something to do until check in starts, as the residence halls will not be staffed until 5:00 on Sunday. Campers departing on Thursday June 21st should schedule their flights between 12:30 and 3:30pm and should arrange airport transportation with Arizona Stagecoach or another shuttle service.
- This is not an official function of the University of Arizona.
|PLEASE NOTE: The process to register for this camp has two(2) parts. The Athlete information and Medical Release form AND payment. The forms and the payment made on the next pages are sent together to the camp office. Without completing BOTH form and payment your reservation for the camp will not be received.
Space is limited. Click the button below to start the Registration.